White wine and olive chicken stew is a Mediterranean cuisine specialty. It is widely adored and most of the time, it is enjoyed at family gathering. Here is a recipe of this great dish presented to you by Delices and Gourmandises so that you can prepare your own like a chef.
To prepare this dish, Delices and Gourmandises proposes you use farm raised chicken in order to obtain a more authentic and original taste. Therefore, you will need the following ingredients.
– 1 farm raised chicken cut into pieces
– 30 cl white wine
– 150 gr pitted green olives
– 3 tablespoon olive oil
– 3 shallots and 7 garlic cloves
– 1 sprig of thyme
– Stew of various vegetables (carrots, gingers, leeks, onions…etc)
– Salt and pepper
– Prepare the stew such that the carrots are square cut and the gingers finely chopped. Use 1 liter of water and add salt to it. Filter and preserve.
– Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat and brown each sides of the chicken in it.
– Take out the pieces of chicken and put in the chopped onions for a couple minutes.
– Add wine and let it fry for 2 minutes.
– Put the chicken in the saucepan again and add the stew along with the thyme.
– let it simmer on medium to high heat for about 45 minutes.
– Add in the olives, the garlic cloves and some pepper. Leave everything on a medium heat for another 15 minutes.
– Serve with either some jacket potatoes or white rice.
At Delices and Gourmandises, There is a wide choice of white wines that you can use when you prepare this kind of recipe. You can find among many others The Buzet Tradition Blanc, Couleur d’Automne des Côtes de Bergerac, or the Tiberius Blanc du pays d’Oc.2016-04-20