Want to treat your beloved ones with tasteful homemade macaroons ? With their crispy almond on the oustide and their melting heart, macaroons will please all pastry lovers at tea time or snack time. Whether with pistachio, chocolate, lemon or raspberry, your macaroons will have nothing to envy those of Ladurée, Cyril Lignac or Mercotte. To make your macarons, just follow Delices and Gourmandises recipe.
Macaroon is a very ancient recipe. The first preparations date back to the Middle Ages. Catherine de Medicis, very fond of macaroons, introduced these in France during the Renaissance… Thus, this pastry is part of history ! It’s now time to discover how to make macaroons.
Ingredients needed (for 4 people):
– 1 egg white
– 10 g of caster sugar
– 74 g of icing sugar
– 42 g of almond powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of food coloring
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 10 min
– Mix the icing sugar with the almond powder. Then, strain so that the powder is as fine as possible, and especially to remove the impurities.
– Whisk the egg whites until stiff then pour the sugar and the coloring while mixing until the whites are frozen.
– Mix the powdered almonds and the icing sugar with the whisked egg whites and gently mix.
– Now take a piping bag and put the dough in it. Make small piles on a plate covered with parchment paper and set aside for about 15 min.
– Preheat the oven to 140 ° C.
– Place the hot plate of macaroons in fan-assisted oven for 10 min, leaving its door half-open.
– Once baked, take the plate out, pour some water under the parchment paper. Steam will escape, allowing you to take off your macaroons more easily.
All that remains is to stuff them to your liking, for example with ganache or butter cream. And when you lack time for baking on you own, remember that Delices and Gourmandises catalog contains a nice selection of exquisite macaroons.2017-01-06