If you like the Delices and Gourmandises delicious fruit turnovers, you can easily recreate them at home until your next order from our online store is delivered. Here is the recipe for this delectable pastry!
All the pastries offered by Delices and Gourmandises are prepared by the best confectioners and artisans according to their traditional recipe, and the fruit turnovers are no exception. Try any fresh or frozen fruit with other wholesome ingredients to delight your taste buds !
You will need:
– 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
– 4 1/2 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) fresh or frozen fruit, cut into 1-inch pieces if necessary
– 4 tablespoons cornstarch
– 3/4 cup of sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– Finely grated zest of 1 lemon or 1/4 cup of orange juice
– 1 egg, beaten
– Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
– All-purpose flour, for work surface
– Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
– In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add fruit and lemon zest or orange juice. Cook on medium heat until tender and syrupy. Set aside in refrigerator for 1 hour.
– On a lightly floured work surface, roll each sheet of pastry into a rectangle and cut each into 8 squares.
– Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
– Add about 2 1/2 tablespoons of filling in the center of the square, leaving 1-inch on all sides clear.
– Combine 1 egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water. Brush border with egg wash; fold dough over filling and press edges. Prick edges with a fork to seal well.
– Brush egg wash on top of each triangle.
– Bake the turnovers until puffy and golden brown, and juices are bubbling, rotating sheet halfway through.
– In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over turnovers.
– Serve warm.
These irresistible fruit turnovers will treat both young and old to end a meal with espresso, coffee, and tea.2014-08-06