Sorbet is a much appreciated dessert especially during warm and sunny weather. For wine lovers, red wine pairs perfectly well with cool and fresh products. Here is a red wine and strawberry coulis recipe presented to you by Delices and Gourmandises.
The preparation takes approximately 50 minutes and the sorbet needs to be kept refrigerated for 2 to 3 hours.
Here are the ingredients you need to serve 4 people.
– 2 bottles of red wine such as Saint-Émilion, Francs Côtes-de-Bordeaux, or Lalande-de-Pomerol
– 4 oranges
– 500gr strawberries
– 200gr powdered sugar
– 2 cloves
– 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
– Some peppercorns
– For the sorbet, start by cleaning the oranges then peel them by forming long bands before you take out the zests. Make sure not to leave the pith on the bands.
– Put the orange skins and the wine in a pan over low heat. Add cinnamon, peppercorns, and cloves to the mixture.
– Let the mixture simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until you have about 1 liter left. Make sure you frequently stir everything.
– Filter the wine and keep 20 cl for the coulis.
– Use the remaining reduced wine to prepare your sorbet. Keep it in a fridge when ready.
– Clean the strawberries and remove the stalks. Then, mash them in a bowl before pouring wine into it. Mix everything well and keep it refrigerated.
Put a scoop of sorbet in a small jar with some strawberry coulis. You can decorate the dessert with some grilled almonds and mint leaves.2016-09-21
12 January 2017
6 January 2017
15 December 2016
5 December 2016