Commercy madeleines make the perfect accompaniment either at coffee time or with afternoon tea. It is a traditional recipe composed of eggs, sugar, flour, orange zest and butter as basic ingredients. If you have not tried this yet, it’s high time, and it’s very easy to make thanks to Delices and Gourmandises advices! This greed will for sure treat your kids or your guests, especially sweet delights lovers.
For traditional Commercy madeleines for 6 persons, here are the required ingredients :
– 4 eggs
– 125 gr sugar
– 125 gr flour
– 1 grated orange peel or a few drops of orange blossom
– 125 gr butter
Carefully follow below steps to bake perfect Commercy madeleines
– To easily melt the butter, put it in a bain-marie.
– Take a bowl in which you mix the sugar with the egg yolks. When the butter is softened, add it to the mixture. Make sure to stir the mixture as long as necessary until it whitens.
– Before adding them to the dough, beat the egg whites in half-snow. Then add a spoonful of flour to each spoonful of egg white.
– Once all previous steps have been completed, add the orange peel to perfume your dough.
– Then pour it into the small molds that you have already been buttered.
– For a successful cooking of Commercy madeleines, two steps are to be followed: first, bake the madeleines for 5 minutes in soft oven and then increase the temperature of the oven and let them cook for another 10 to 15 minutes (in a hot oven).2017-10-16