Delices and Gourmandises is known for its delicious jellies with a great fruity taste. The store presents here its recipe so that you may please kids and adults and sweeten every day with delicious homemade candies.
For the fruit base:
– 2 large apples, diced
– 2 pears, diced
– 2/3 cup white wine, such as chardonnay
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup sanding sugar
– 1 teaspoon powdered pectin
For spiced jellies:
– 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
For raspberry jellies:
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
Preparing the fruit base:
– Line a 9-by-9-inch pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease foil and set aside.
– In a medium-sized saucepan, place the apples, pears and wine, heat gently until the mixture boils.
– Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the bottom won’t stick.
– Run the fruit through a food mill to get purée and transfer to a clean saucepan.
Making the candy:
– In a small bowl, combine the pectin and 1/2 cup granulated sugar, set aside.
– Depending upon the flavor you are preparing, add the remaining ingredients to the purée (sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground clove for spiced jellies; and sugar, lemon juice and raspberry jam for raspberry jellies).
– Simmer gently about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in the pectin-sugar mixture and keep cooking until the sugar gets dissolved (about 2 minutes).
– Bring to a boil, and then pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Let cool at room temperature for 24 hours or until set.
Unmolding the jellies:
– Dust a piece of foil with granulated sugar and set aside.
– Invert the set jelly onto the foil, let stand for another 24 hours.
– Shape out candy squares using a knife or a small cookie cutter.
– Dredge each piece in sanding sugar and let dry for 24 hours.
These fruit jellies by Delices and Gourmandises can be eaten at any time to make your daily life delightful. Kids will love these sweet snacks. Wrapped in festive boxes, they can be given as a gift.2015-01-24