You are fond of Delices and Gourmandises moist brioches and always want to have some for dessert or tea time? You can order them anytime on our website and we will ensure door delivery with great pleasure. However, when you have unexpected guests, bake them yourself following this very simple recipe!
Like all Delices & Gourmandises products, its silky and tender crumb moist brioches are elaborated following traditional recipe and using fresh, healthy ingredients to delight your taste buds. Thus, they present no risk for your health or your weight!
You will need:
– 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
– 1/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
– 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 teaspoon cold water
– In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
– In center, make a well and mix in the eggs and yeast mixture. Beat well until the dough has pulled together.
– On a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and supple.
– Flatten the dough and spread it with one third of the butter. Knead this well.
– Wait for a few minutes and repeat until all the butter is incorporated.
– Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
– Deflate the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans. Beat the egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of water.
– On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into equal pieces, form into loaves and place into prepared pans. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in volume, about 60 minutes.
– Brush the loaves or rolls with the egg wash. Bake in preheated oven until a deep golden brown.
– Let the loaves cool in the pans for 10 minutes before moving them to wire racks to cool completely.
Brioches are best served barely warm with jelly to accompany tea or coffee. The tops can easily be removed, giving space for a sweet filling. They also reheat well, so you can cool and store them at room temperature until your next order from Delices Gourmandises is delivered.2014-06-24