Want to have a tasteful cake for breakfast or dessert? Try this delicious white wine soft cake recipe prepared by Delices and Gourmandises. Both kids and adults will loves it!
Preparing and baking your cake will take you approx. 1 hour.
What you need for 6 people :
• 4 eggs
• 150 g of sugar
• 250g of flour
• 15 cl of white wine
• 15 ml of oil
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• A few drops of vanilla or 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
• Preheat oven to 180°C (gas mark 6).
• Separate egg whites from yolks.
• In a bowl, whisk the eggs yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture whitens.
• Mix the flour and yeast.
• Gradually add this mixture and remaining ingredients (oil and white wine) to the first preparation.
• Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until stiff then gently fold into the batter.
• Butter and flour a pan, then pour the batter into it.
• Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
• To check for doneness, use the tip of a knife which should come out clean, while the exterior takes a nice golden color.
This light, moist and fragrant cake keeps for several weeks in the fridge. When serving, you can cover it with custard sauce. It perfectly accompanies a cup of coffee, plain tea or chocolate or, why not, a pink champagne on very special occasions. And if you lack the time to cook, you are most welcome on Delices and Gourmandises website to order your favorite delicacies.2016-09-06