Need an easy homemade treat for unexpected guests? Why not try to bake Catalan cream tart since it’s very simple to make at home? Here is an easy-to-follow recipe to share the great and authentic taste of this traditional Spanish pastry.
Like all Delices & Gourmandises products, our Catalan cream tart is elaborated using only fresh and healthy ingredients to delight your taste buds with no risk for your health or your weight!
You will need:
– 3-inch round tarts for 5 to 6 persons
– 1 vanilla bean
– 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
– 4 egg yolks
– 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/2 tablespoon for sprinkling
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 recipe all-purpose flaky pie pastry, rolled, molded onto the bottoms of 5 to 6 (3-inch) pastry rings or round pans, and prebaked
Preparation (since the Catalan cream tart requires about 4 hours chilling, if possible, make it a day ahead)
– Using a paring knife, split vanilla bean lengthwise down the middle. Scrape seeds and place seeds and pod in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
– Add cream, stir to mix. Warm cream until bubbles form around the edges of the pan; don’t allow to boil. Remove from heat and set aside to steep.
– In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and salt until smooth.
– Remove vanilla pod from cream. Gradually add warmed cream to the egg mixture, whisking until blended. Return mixture to the pan and allow to thicken over low heat; don’t allow to boil.
– Allow custard to cool slightly then pour into pans with baked pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.
– This is best eaten the same day. Then let your cream chill during 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon sugar evenly over the pie.
It’s that simple to get a custard spooned into a flaky crust and torched to perfection. And for next time, don’t forget to order your Catalan cream tart from Delices and Gourmandises online shop and we will ensure door delivery with great pleasure.2014-07-13
12 January 2017
6 January 2017
15 December 2016
5 December 2016