For pastries lovers, the French almond wafers (also known as “tiles”) available on the online store Delices and Gourmandises are what you need. But in case of unexpected guests, while waiting for your next order to be delivered, why not try making some on your own? Here’s the secret of homemade gorgeous almond-flavored wafers. Quick and easy to make, it will treat both adults and kids!
Recreate the authentic taste of almond wafers prepared the traditional way by Delices & Gourmandises team, you will like them!
You will need:
– 2 eggs whites
– 1/3 cup of sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring
– 1/8 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/3 cup of softened butter,
– 1/4 cup of sliced almonds, finely chopped
– Preheat oven to 350°F.
– Beat egg whites in bowl at medium speed until soft peaks form.
– Gradually beat in sugar to make a glossy, smooth meringue. Add almond flavoring and salt.
– Fold in flour. Continue beating, adding 1 tablespoon butter at a time, until batter is smooth and well mixed. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
– Drop batter by teaspoonfuls at least 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
– Spread batter, using spatula and working in a circular motion, into 1 1/2-inch circles; sprinkle immediately with almonds.
– Freeze until firm, 5 minutes.
– Bake 6-8 minutes or until dark golden brown and firm to touch.
– Remove cookies from oven. Immediately press cookies over rolling pin or 12-ounce beverage can to form curved shape. Let cookies set until well formed and cooled slightly.
– Cool completely on sheet on a wire rack.
Thin and delicate, these almond wafers pack an irresistible crunch and are perfect at any time of day to accompany a good cup of tea or coffee, whipped sweetened cream, ice cream or fruit desserts or savored alone. And don’t forget to submit your order for almond wafers on Delices and Gourmandises website to avoid being short of your favorite pastry!2014-10-06