Chestnut for dessert is a real treat. It can be cooked either in salted or sweet recipes. Delices and Gourmandises offers you a very tasty dessert recipe that will delight kids and grown-ups alike!
The ingredients to prepare (for 6 persons)
To make your chestnuts charlotte, here is the list of the ingredients you need:
– 250 gr of sponge finger biscuits
– 500 gr of chestnut cream
– 120 gr of sugar
– 0,5 l of milk
– 6 egg yolks
– 5 sheets of gelatin
– 25 cl of liquid cream
– 1 vanilla pod
For the topping:
– Chocolate glaze
– 2 candied chestnuts
The steps to follow for preparation
– Bring the milk to a boil with the vanilla bean previously split lengthwise. Cover and let infuse for 10 min.
– In a bowl, beat the sugar and egg yolks until a whitish mixture is obtained. Pour this mixture into the boiling milk in a thin stream while stirring.
– Remove the vanilla pod, pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat.
– To soften the gelatin leaves, put them in a bowl of cold water. Drain them and add them to the pan off the heat. You will see that they will melt immediately.
– Add the chestnut cream to the vanilla mixture and let cool.
– Whip the liquid cream very cold in chantilly. Take a big bag and fill it for the topping. As for the remaining whipped cream, add it to the mixture.
– Arrange the biscuits in a mold with removable edges and pour the mixture in the middle.
– Let the charlotte at least for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
– Finally, remove it from the mold onto a serving platter. Decorate it with the chantilly, chocolate glaze and candied chestnuts.
– Tie a ribbon around and set aside in the fridge until serving.
Enjoy your chestnut charlotte with a glass of Crémant d’Alsace.
This recipe is also ideal for a dreamy Christmas meal.2017-10-06
16 October 2017
12 January 2017
6 January 2017
15 December 2016